Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Happy birthday


dead tree and ivy
Originally uploaded by wherethewolvesare.
Happy birthday to me, sort of. 'Where the wolves are' is one year old today! It's been such a varied year but just like 14th June 2005, the clematis flowers are almost all gone. There's real comfort in that sort of regularity, long may it continue.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed with their comments, especially as it so often leads me to a new and interesting blog, somewhere exotic, to me at least (that includes Oxfordshire, PG, if you're reading).

I bought a new brush today, so I was trying it out with the sketch of the ivy-clad tree. We've had quite a spate of tawny owls hooting and kewicking in the garden lately, and although I've caught glimpses of them swooping past, none have roosted through the day - yet. I think this tree is my best bet so I'm keeping a close eye on it at the moment. I'm expecting to fing Old Brown snuggled into the ivy (or sat on the television aerial, as is their wont) any day now. I live in hope.

1 comment:

Cin said...

happy (belated) blog birthday Ken! though I visit you more on flickr, still I'm glad for wherever you post, I love seeing your beautiful scenes of life around you, here's to another year!