Saturday, July 15, 2006

Deja vous


corn field
Originally uploaded by wherethewolvesare.
Inspired by pg's post 'Where the barley meets the river' (14/7/06) on her blog, Middle of Nowhere (follow the link - right), I looked at the farmland between Leeds and Doncaster with fresh eyes. After sketching some of it, I can see recurring themes and motifs - hirundines, hedgerows and poppies. An unexpected contradiction there.

Anyway, the sun was hot and the golden fields were still, bar the drifting aerial plankton and the hawking swallows and swifts. This summer already seems a long one, the best sort of summer.

3 comments:

vicki johnson said...

this is wonderful Ken!! i love the composition...the poppies peeking in at the edge of the picture the birds on the wing.

spinyurchin said...

All these open fields are making me jealous. Sometimes I feel quite hemmed in living on the side of a mountain.
wow...can't believe I just whined about living on the side of a mountain...

Gretel said...

Yes, you have a really original way with composition Ken, I love the scattering of poppies in the corner.
Where did that summer go, anyway?