Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Tag - you're it!


I’ve been tagged by Bonny, so, for what it’s worth, here are my answers:

4 jobs I’ve had:
Market trader’s gofer – I spent more time in the betting shop, placing his bets, than I did doing any serious work.
Sweeping up dust in a brick yard – that was a thankless task.
Postman – I hated the early mornings, but looking back it was good practice for parenthood.
Science teacher for the last 14 years.

4 movies I like watching:
The Outlaw Josey Wales, The Great Escape, Zulu and Mr Forbush & the Penguins (bar the last one - a bit of a blokey selection, I know).

4 places I’ve lived: (all in the UK)
Biggleswade, Bedfordshire.
Wolverhampton.
Nottingham.
Leeds, of course, in God’s own county – Yorkshire.

4 TV shows I like:
Gordon Ramsay’s Kitchen Nightmares (coz I am one), Match of the Day, Countdown (sorry) and anything with wildlife in it (although I’m still waiting for someone to make a life history of the lapwing).

4 places I’ve vacationed:
Iceland, I slept through the best northern lights show in years, more than made up for by seeing Geysir and Strokkur and swimming in the blue lagoon - amazing.
Mallorca, I could sit all day just watching the oranges grow.
Isle of Mull, eagle and otter heaven, and seeing a corncrake for the first time was unbelievable.
North Norfolk, I love wild geese and this is my favourite place to see them.

4 dishes I like eating:
anything in a casserole, keema bhuna, pancakes with sugar (I wrote this on pancake day) and chicken from Nando’s.

4 Sites I like visiting:
Fire Star Arts, Middle of Nowhere (these first 2 aren’t in my favourite blogs list yet but will be when I get my finger out), Wild West Yorkshire, and the BBC’s cricket page (I couldn’t survive work without being able to get the latest England cricket score).

4 Places I would rather be now:
Anglesey.
Blacktoft Sands RSPB Reserve.
Filey.
Out in the garden, the sketch above is another sanitised view of part of our garden, in reality it needs a bit of my attention.
(Anywhere peaceful really).

4 Bloggers I am tagging:
Cindy, Nicky, Zephyr and Alice (that should cover the four corners of the globe).

Well, that was that. I quite enjoyed that, thanks Bonny.

3 comments:

Alice said...

Ken - thanks for the 'tag'. I actually did this one on January 20th so I won't do it again. (I know I'm a show-off, but not that much ...lol)

I didn't see 'Travelling Birds' in your list of favourite movies. Now why would that be?????? ...lol

I love reading the answers to these memes - they usually give quite an insight into the writer. You are obviously a 'peace and quiet, open spaces' kinda guy. But we knew that from your blog anyway.

I'm sure you're looking forward to the Spring. Has it really been such a dry year? I listen to Classic FM on the internet, and it just seems to rain so much (or has it just been cold?), yet now they are talking of drought?

Great to hear from you, Ken.

Cin said...

hi Ken, but me too, already tagged and posted, I appreciate very much your thinking of me though!

ken said...

i think that the above comments just prove how 'good' i am at keeping up with the blogs i like. it's a fair cop, now you can see why my mum always complains i don't phone her often enough, why i always have to pay fines on my library books and why i can never find my keys :).