Friday, March 10, 2006

TGI Friday

Thank goodness it's the weekend. These sketches are of a couple of points along my drive home. They're both on my favourite part of my drive, once you get out of the Leeds conurbation and less than 10 minutes from home.

In the last month, red kite, kestrel, lapwing, grey heron, grey partridge and pied wagtail have been the most notable birds I've seen on this part of my journey. Quite a diverse little group.

Diversity not improved by a housing development being built on farmland, on the edge of Scholes which is nearby. I know people need houses but there are so many less pleasant places that could do with some quality housing built on them. I just hope they appreciate the view.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Beautiful view for your drive home! Great sketches.